Becoming a Security Administrator
Each organization that needs to file paperwork online with the RRC must designate a Security Administrator.
A Security Administrator Designation (SAD) form:
- Must be approved and on file with the Railroad Commission.
- Can be submitted by more than one Security Administrator per organization, but a separate SAD form must be completed for each additional Security Administrator.
- Can be used to change a Security Administrator Designation at any time.
A SAD form must be completed for each Security Administrator.Once RRC approves the SAD form, an email with the Security Administrator's assigned User ID is sent to them.
Security Administrator Responsibilities
The Security Administrator is responsible for the following:
- Creating additional user accounts ("Filers") for employees within their company who need to file forms through the RRC Online System.
- Designating which forms their company's Filers are authorized to file with RRC.
- Maintaining security of all assigned User IDs and passwords for Filers at their company.
For more information on the Security Administrator functions and responsibilities, see the Getting an Account page.
Due to limited staff in the William B. Travis building (WBT) as a result of the Governor's current COVID-19 disaster declaration, RRC recommends that you submit the Security Administrator Designation (SAD) Form by email to email@example.com for quicker response.
You may also mail the Security Administrator Designation (SAD) Form to:
Railroad Commission of Texas
Information Technology Services
1701 North Congress Avenue
P.O. Box 12967
Austin, TX 78711‑2967
Receipt of the Security Administrator Designation will be acknowledged by e-mail.