AFS Exams Administered
Afternoon (between the hours of 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm.)
Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - 1:30 PM
Select employee-level exams may be administered online by an authorized Railroad Commission of Texas proctor to certify individuals to perform work requiring contact with Propane (LPG), Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), and/or Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG).
Individuals may select ONLY ONE of the following exams per session:
- Bobtail Driver
- Service & Installation Technician
- Transport Driver
- DOT Cylinder Filler
- Motor/Motor Mobile Fuel Dispenser
- Recreational Vehicle Technician
- Appliance Service & Installation Technician
- 2.1 DOT Cylinder Filler & ASME Motor/Mobile Fuel Dispenser (2 exams in one session)
- LNG Employee Transport Driver
- CNG Employee Transport Driver/Service & Installation/Cylinder Filling technician.
In addition to passing the exam, every applicant for the above LPG certifications, except for transport drivers, must complete 8 hours of approved training by the next May 31 after passing the examination. (NOTE: If the examination is passed between March 1 and May 31, then the training must be completed by May 31 of the next year.)
Individuals must prepare independently for online examinations using the appropriate rulebooks and/or study guides provided by the Commission. The online proctored exams are exclusively for testing and will not go over the exam materials.
Study guides can be found here:
Requirements for online testing
- A laptop or desktop computer with webcam
- Access to Zoom
- Ability to read PDF files
- Access to the appropriate digital NFPA code book(s), either by purchasing the necessary PDF file(s) at NFPA.org or using the free access copies at NFPA.org.
- A unique email address for each examinee
- Photo ID for each examinee
- A completed form 16 (without SSN) for each examinee, submitted in advance via email
- A $40 exam fee for each exam, submitted in advance via email
All individuals must be registered and have submitted the necessary form and payment at least 7 days in advance of the event.
AFTERNOON: Once registered, individuals will be assigned an exam starting time between the hours of 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm.