Central Records Temporary Closure Notice

To ensure the safety of the public and Railroad Commission of Texas staff in response to COVID-19 pandemic, Central Records will be closed beginning at 2 p.m. on Friday, December 10, 2021 to be sanitized.
Customers wishing to make payments, conduct research, or submit paperwork in person on this day, will need to do so before 2 p.m.
Central Records will reopen on Monday, December 13.

ICYMI - RRC Updates Oil And Gas Forms

G-3, P-1B, P-7, R-1, R-3, W-1, W-1D, W-1H, W-5, And W-7

January 27, 2021

In case you missed it - The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) has made non-substantive updates to multiple oil and gas forms. The approval to update to the following forms was granted by RRC commissioners in open meeting on December 8, 2020:

  •  Form W-1, Application for Permit to Drill, Recomplete, or Re-Enter
  •  Form W-1H, Application for Permit to Drill Recomplete, or Re-Enter Supplemental Horizontal Well Information
  •  Form W-1D, Application for Permit to Drill, Recomplete, or Re-Enter Supplemental Direction Well Information
  •  Form P-1B, Producer’s Monthly Supplemental Report
  •  Form G-3, Gas Data Storage Sheet
  •  Form P-7, New Field Designation and/or Discovery Allowable Application
  •  Form R-1, Monthly Report and Operations Statement for Refineries
  •  Form R-3, Monthly Report for Gas Processing Plants
  •  Form W-5, Packer Setting Report
  •  Form W-7, Bottom-hole Pressure Report

The review and update to these forms is part of the Texas Oilfield Relief Initiative. The forms were identified for updates during a review of all RRC forms required for permit applications and reporting purposes. The changes to the forms were needed to ensure consistency with recently amended rules and updates to online systems. Updating the forms will reduce reporting errors and administrative burdens on the oil and gas industry and RRC staff. For more information on the Texas Oilfield Relief Initiative, visit the RRC website.

To view and download the updated forms, visit the RRC's Oil and Gas Forms page or access via the RRC Online System, as applicable