Merchant Fee Charges Now Apply to Credit Card Payments Sent to RRCOctober 01, 2020
Effective no later than January 1, 2021, there will a 3% merchant fee charge for credit card transactions processed by the Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) for credit card payments received by the agency via mail, or payments made in-person or via phone calls with Central Records.
These include payments, surcharges and registrations for:
- drilling permit applications;
- pipeline safety related fees;
- groundwater protection determination requests;
- applications for statewide rule exceptions;
- alternative fuels company licensing, individual certifications and compliance forms;
- agency workshops, conferences, and other event registrations;
- renewal of the Form P-5, Organization Report; or
- other transactions with the RRC.
The merchant fee charge does not apply to online credit card payments, which will continue to have the convenience fee of 2.25% of the amount owed to RRC + 26 added cents.
If there are any questions about payment fee charges, email the RRC at Publicassist@rrc.texas.gov.