Waste Minimization Case Histories
- Closed Loop Drilling Fluid Systems...Illustrates how drilling wastes were significantly reduced by using a closed loop drilling fluid system when drilling shallow normally pressured wells.
- Drilling Rig Lubricating Oil...A change in maintenance procedure based on lube oil sampling and analysis, reduces waste lube oil volume by 30%.
- Paraffin Control...Magnetic Fluid Conditioner decreases problems associated with paraffin buildup.
- Separator Coalescor Panels...Panel modification reduces maintenance, increases efficiency, and reduces volume of damaged waste panels.
- Automatic Rod-Pump Shut-Off...Operator designs and builds pressure sensitive auto shut-off, eliminates ruptured flowlines, and increases production.
- Pump-Jack Gear-Box Lube Oil...An opportunity to reduce gear-box lube oil waste.
- Produced Water Filters...Procedural modification results in reduction in filter waste. Operator designs and builds pressure sensitive auto shut-off, eliminates ruptured flowlines, and increases production.
Natural Gas Processing Operations
- Cooling Tower Blowdown...Product substitution and equipment modification results in hazardous waste elimination, reduced blowdown frequency and volume of waste water.
- Heat Medium Oil Filters...Simple equipment modification eliminates waste filters, saves $$.
- Screen Type Lube Oil Filters on Drive Engine...Simple equipment modification reduces sock filter waste.
- Reuse of Waste Lubricating Oil During Salt Cavern Leaching...Operator uses waste lube oil in operation and sells resulting product.
- Inventory Control...Operator eliminates chemicals and reduces waste chemicals and drums by implementing inventory control program.
Last Updated: 7/21/2015 5:23:13 AM