1. Types of Protestants
- Affected person. The rules define an affected person as "a person who has suffered or will suffer actual injury or economic damage other than as a member of the general public, and includes surface owners of record of property on which the well is located and adjoining offset operators."
- Local government.
2. Time Limits for Protesting
- The rules provide a fifteen-day opportunity for protest. The fifteen-day period begins on the latest of three dates:
- the date the application is received by the Commission with the appropriate fee;
- the date notice is mailed or delivered to the surface owner, offset operators, and city/county clerks; and
- the date notice is published.
3. Options for Applicant
- Withdraw the application.
- Obtain a letter from the protestant withdrawing the protest.
- Request a hearing.
An application must be administratively complete before it may be set for hearing.