Alternative Fuel Certification Continuing Education Available Online
The RRC has successfully launched an alternative fuels online training program and are offering several continuing education classes online in April. The availability of online classes will address concerns regarding the Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) canceling upcoming alternative fuels in-person classes and exams in response to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) prior to the May 31 alternative fuels certification renewal deadline. Some certified individuals are concerned they may not be able to attend the required continuing education classes prior to May 31, causing their certification to expire and inability to perform activities under the jurisdiction of the RRC.
Classes are free, and registration is first come, first served. To register for one of the following class types, visit the RRC website at https://rrc.texas.gov/alternative-fuels/safety-licensing-training-and-certification/training-and-exam-events/.
- 2.1 Dispenser Operators, which covers the following certifications:
- DOT cylinder filler;
- ASME motor fuel dispenser;
- Bobtail driver; and
- Categories E, F, G, I and J
- 3.3 Appliance Conversion, Installation and Venting, which covers the following certifications:
- Service and Installation;
- Appliance Service and Installation; and
- Categories D and E
- 3.8 Recreational Vehicle Gas Appliances, which covers the following certifications:
- Recreational Vehicle and
- Category M
The RRC will continue to expand online classes as we determine availability.
If you have questions, contact the RRC at firstname.lastname@example.org and 512-463-2682.