Data Sets Available for Purchase
NOTICE: RRC Data Set Subscription and Regular Purchaser Delivery Services Upgrade
The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) upgraded the data set delivery process in September 2017. As part of the upgrade, changes included:
- Certain data/subscription files that are provided have their own folders in the new site;
- The compression of certain files has changed from .z to .gz.
The agency has taken measures to ensure minimal to no disruption in the new format, content and delivery of the data files.
Please go to the General Ordering page for instructions on how to access the new FTP site.
If you have any issues with the upgraded delivery process or any other services related to our data sets and subscriptions, please contact RRC’s digital data coordinator at 512-463-7254 or email@example.com.
The following data sets may be purchased through the Railroad Commission of Texas on an as needed basis.
- General Ordering
- Computer Generated Listings
- Digital Map Data Available for Purchase
- Special Map Products Available for Purchase
- Well Location Maps Available for Purchase
- Drilling Permit Data
- Oil & Gas Field Data
- Oil & Gas Production Data
- Oil & Gas Regulatory Data
- Oil & Gas Well Data
- Pipeline Data
- Data Sets User Manuals
Well Log Data
- Well Log List for Public GIS Map Viewer
Well logs submitted to the Railroad Commission of Texas on or after July 1, 2004 to satisfy the requirements of 16 Texas Administrative Code §3.16 (Statewide Rule 16) are available online through the Public GIS Viewer and Oil & Gas Imaged Records Query. Well logs submitted to the Railroad Commission of Texas prior to July 2004 are available in hard copy format from the Bureau of Economic Geology.
- Digital Well Logs Subscription Order Form
The following data sets may be purchased through the Railroad Commission of Texas on a monthly basis.
- Drilling Permit Subscriptions
- Drilling Permits (W-1) Subscriptions
- Oil & Gas Field Data Subscriptions
- Oil & Gas Online Completions Subscriptions (Note: there are two subscription formats available: Images and Data)
- Please note that effective December 4, 2017 the file format for the Online Completions data subscription will be modified to contain two additional items in the Packet Data File: Stacked Lateral Parent Well Drilling Permit Number and Horizontal Severance Depth. The Packet Data file will also be modified to include two additional values for Horizontal Wellbore Type Code: Stacked Lateral with Production Sharing Agreement; and Stacked Lateral and Allocation. For additional information please review the user manual for this data set (PDF version and Word version).
- Oil & Gas Online Directional Surveys Subscription
- Oil & Gas Regulatory Data Subscriptions
- Oil & Gas Well Data Subscriptions
Customer Service SurveyAs part of our ongoing effort to provide better customer service, the Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) is requesting your thoughts and feedback on your Central Records experience via a short survey. The survey should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete.
Click to take survey
Thanks for your time and input!
Last Updated: 11/1/2018 10:08:31 AM